Create Device Profile
1. Open the AWS IoT Core Management console
Please log in using the link https://console.aws.amazon.com/iotwireless and ensure that you choose one of regions supporting AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN.
The AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN console will open:
2. Change to “Profiles” view
Please click on “Profiles” menu item and a following overview of existing Device and Service Profiles shall appear:
Please click on “Add device profile”.
3. Provide device data
In the form below please provide the following data:
- Device profile name: a descriptive name of your choice for this profile, e.g. “Workshop device profile of ”
- Frequency band (RFRegion): please select a frequency band your device and gateway will be using. For most European countries EU868 is a right choice. For USA US915 is a right choice. If in doubt, you can review a regional parameters document, section “1.2 Quick cross reference table”.
- MAC version: this parameter should specify the most recent version of LoRaWAN specification supported by your device. Unless device documentation states otherwise, please select 1.0.3.
- Regional parameters version: please select RP002-1.0.1, unless specified otherwise in your device documentation
- MaxEIRP: please enter the default value 15
- Supports class: please select class A, unless you are aware of specific requirements to use classes B and C and your device supports it
After proving the data, scroll down and click on “Add device profile”
4. Review the added device profile